Thursday, August 18, 2011

My results from Mackenthun's Dollar Days

I don't often shop at Mackenthun's, mostly because I travel 40 minutes east towards the cities for work every day, which allows me to take advantage of more affordable stores. But I did buy some staples at their Dollar Days promotion yesterday. Here is the breakdown:

-8 x 8 oz. packages of shredded cheese for $1.33 each (this is a few cents more per pound than Costco price, but since we freeze the bulk of our cheese, we prefer being able to easily take out a small amount when needed.)

-3 x 15 oz. packages of flour tortillas for $1.00 each

-9 x 16 oz. packages of frozen sweet peas for $1.00 each (this is $0.12 cheaper per package than Target's everyday price)

-10 x 26 oz. cans of Hunt's Spaghetti sauce for $1.00 each, plus I used a $3/10 manufacturer coupon

-1 celery bunch for $1.25

-1 Flavorite pie filling (not on sale, but needed) for $2.75

Total Savings: unknown, as I am unaware of their regular prices, but I am definitely happy about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment